German Speaking Credit ControllerPrimary Location: Ballymount, Dublin - IE Job ID 068143
UPS has a promotion-from-within culture. UPS strongly believes in their employees and their development and provides great training and very helpful support such as the opportunity to study at the UPS University or to take advantage of our Education Reimbursement Policy. Come join us!
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a $71.5 billion corporation by focusing on enabling commerce for its customers around the world. Today, UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialised transportation and logistics services. UPS has grown to become a Fortune 500 company and one of the world's largest shipping couriers. Every day, UPS delivers more than 15.5 million packages and manages the flow of goods, funds and information for its customers in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. Globally, UPS employs 495,000 people (year 2020), and operates over 119,000 delivery vehicles worldwide, ranging from bicycles to tractor-trailer trucks. The fourth-largest cargo airline worldwide, consisting of a fleet of over 260 aircraft, UPS Airlines flies to over 800 destinations worldwide (the most of any airline, cargo or passenger). UPS first entered Europe in 1976 when it established domestic small package operations in Germany. UPS has since developed a comprehensive European service portfolio, combining local expertise in each market with UPS’s international strength and high quality standards. Headquartered in Brussels, UPS in Europe currently employs 40,000 people across the EMEA region and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For full information, please see United Parcel Service - Wikipedia
What can you expect as a UPSer
We are happy offer all our employees the following;
- Yearly flexible benefit scheme
- We facilitate optional employee contributed pension plans on your behalf
- In the event of long term sickness, or death in service, UPS both disability benefit & a death in service plan. Should you pass away while in service, a lump sum of 3 times your pensionable salary is paid out to a loved one.
- Employee Discounted Shipping Program
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Education reimbursement policy
- Relocation Package
In terms of healthcare, all UPS employees have the option to set up a healthcare policy via a number of leading insurers. Payments for your health care will be made hassle free as this will be done through salary deductions each month. We also operate a VDU policy for employees who require lenses or spectacles for the purpose of using a VDU. UPS will reimburse our employees up to a maximum amount of 65 euro.
At UPS, we care about your finances and your future.
We’re all human, so from time to time we all need to recharge the batteries, travel & take care of personal affairs. At UPS, we offer a plethora of leave options in order to help you do your best work.
We’re proud to say we can offer the following schemes to our staff;
- Paid annual leave
- Part paid maternity leave
- Part paid paternity leave
- Parental leave
- Carer’s Leave
- Job share schemes
- Study leave
Sick of that long commute? All of our sites are easily accessible by road, rail and bus. Your time is important to us, so let’s not waste it!
At UPS, we’re proud to say that we promote from within! Whether you are seeking an internal transfer to try something new or pursuing promotion opportunities, we’re always delighted to help. We are happy to offer a generous education reimbursement scheme to our employees in order to help them further their careers. At UPS, employees can also avail of our online learning facility called UPS University. It gives our employees the chance to take new courses and find reading materials to help further themselves.
At UPS, we strongly value community. We encourage our staff to take part in community initiatives. Our UPS foundation donates millions of dollars to charities all around the world each year.
What does your day look like in our Collections team?
As a credit controller, future you uses strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, to ensure positive company cashflow. Strong relationship building skills with our customers will establish you as a key player to maximize revenue and mitigate credit risk. Future you will play a pivotal role in liaising with other internal department such as billing, sales and marketing to drive open issues to resolution for your customer.
- Fluency in German & English is essential both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain self-control under pressure
- Good time management skills with ability to prioritize effectively
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions
- User of Excel including formulas
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Professional manner
- Must complete a certain amount of weekly / monthly administration tasks
Other Job Requirements
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and attributes:
- Be efficient
- Have good numerical skills
- Be a logical thinker
- Able to work in a targeted environment
- Work well in a team
Education and Work Experience
- Experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage
- MS Office package (especially Excel)
Salary: UPS offers a competitive salary
Currently not in Ireland?
If so, would you like to gain the experience of living abroad? Then Dublin is the place to be! Having experience outside of your own country is invaluable – so why not come and work for UPS in Ireland? Relocation package on offer!
We are actively recruiting ambitious and talented professionals to our join our dynamic teams all across Ireland – so whether you have a flair for customer service, a dexterity for accountancy or are a proficient general operative, we’ve got the role for you!
Ireland has a wide range of accommodation available. Conveniently, most homes for rent come furnished with couches, tables, dressers and beds. That makes moving much smoother and easier. We offer reimbursement towards the costs of flights and accommodation in order to help our new employees enjoy a smooth transition to the UPS workplace.
- Thanks to its excellent location (max. 2 hours away from Germany, Holland & Barcelona, 45 minutes from the UK and just 3 hours from Rome) you could call Ireland the center of Europe.
- Ireland’s size makes travelling around the country very easy. Rental cars are incredibly cheap and there is an exceptional bus & train service, information on routes can be accessed by a variety of available apps
- Ireland has a reputation for its friendliness & welcoming atmosphere. It has been previously named as the friendliest country in the world.
- The education system in Ireland is highly regarded on an international level. The opportunities are endless with regards to furthering your own education and developing your skills/knowledge base in any of the outstanding learning facilities.
- Ireland prides itself on being a multicultural country. The number of foreign nationals living in Ireland increased by 25% in the period between 2006 and 2020. Foreign nationals are considered valued contributors to the development of Ireland and its exciting new culture.
Come and join us!
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the Map
See where Future You will work.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.